db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Dietrick <rdietr...@sega.com>
Subject Re: Oracle sequences for id generation
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:12:37 GMT
Robles, Rogelio wrote:
> here a quick sniff test to your problem:
>
> after your schema.xml it's complete, did you regenerate your Object Model
> classes?

Yes.

> did you recompile and deploy them? replacing your old ones?

Yes.

> usually in the *MapBuilder.java files is wher your primary key method it's
> stored;

here's a snippet from my map builder class:

TableMap tMap = dbMap.getTable("users");
tMap.setPrimaryKeyMethod(TableMap.NATIVE);
tMap.setPrimaryKeyMethodInfo("users_SEQ");
tMap.addPrimaryKey("users.USER_ID", new Long(0));

And even after all this, I still get the same error:
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table 'users' is null

> did you add the property autoIncrement="true" to the primary key columns? so
> the the proper SQL will be generated for native keys?

I thought autoIncrement was just for MySQL?  I tried this anyway, with
no effect.

Still Stumped.

-rob