db-torque-user mailing list archives

From William Kemper <wkem...@franchise.com>
Subject Re: NVARCHAR type for MSSQL
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:28:33 GMT
I had the same problem so I just hacked up db.props in
templates/sql/base/mssql.  It's not really a solution because it just makes
all VARCHAR columns into NVARCHAR, but it works.  I think Torque doesn't
'appear' to support NVARCHAR because there is no corresponding JDBC data
type, and of course, Java is smart enough already to understand 2 byte
characters.  You could check out
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jdbc/getstart/mapping.html#996857 for
a brief discussion of JDBC types.