db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Matan <ma...@matan.com>
Subject RE: Casting Records from executeQuery function
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:08:43 GMT
Hi Amine,

executeQuery returns a List of Records (com.workingdogs.village.Record), not
the usual OM classes created by Torque.  You can either access the
information straight from the Record object with methods like
getValue(row#), or you can convert the Record into a proper OM object if
it's compatible with one of them.

To do that conversion, there is the row2object function of the Peer classes.

Hope that helps,
Matan

-----Original Message-----
From: Amine Bousta [mailto:abousta@lxsolutions.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 21:33
To: 'Apache Torque Users List'
Subject: Casting Records from executeQuery function

Hello,

Does anybody experienced any problem with the "executeQuery" function of
BasePeer?

When I cast records of a List coming from the "doSelect" method it works.
But when I try to cast records of the same List coming from the
"executeQuery" method it doesn't work. So I can't use executeQuery in my
program.

Am I alone in this situation?

Regards