db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Gary Baker" <gary.ba...@movielink.com>
Subject external DB connection pool access
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:53:19 GMT
I want to setup Torque to use an external DB connection pool.
Basically, we have a group of applications running under one instance of
Tomcat and all the other applications (besides my new Turbine app.) use
the same connection pool.

This has two advantages.
	1) we can limit the overall number of connections to the DB
across all of the applications running under the one Tomcat instance,
and
	2) there is only one default DB configuration for all of the
apps (which is desirable for us).

My plan is to hack org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection() to use my
shared, external pool and add the hacked java file to my src directory.
Perhaps someone has done this before and/or can suggest a more elegant
solution.

Cheers,
-Gary