db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Transactions and saving - problems with commit
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:01:25 GMT
Ashley Hayes wrote:

> think you need to get a DB connection to do the saving with...
>
> conn = Transaction.beginOptional("yourb DB name", true);
>
> // then save with the conn object
> contact.save(conn );
> company.setContact(contact);
> company.save(conn );
>

> Transaction.commit(conn);

This is exactly what I am doing, and as described below, it does not work.

This is because the primary key that should have been written by
contact.save() is not being saved, but rather deferred until the commit,
but then an exception is thrown on the company.save() to say that the
primary key does not exist - thus the chicken and egg situation.

Set Transaction.beginOptional(bdName, true) to (dbName, false) and the
problem (and the transaction support) goes away.

Regards,
Graham