db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Torque and autoCommit
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:59:24 GMT
Hi all,

I would just like to clarify Torque's behavior with the autoCommit flag:

Say I requested a connection from Torque, and set the autocommit flag to
false, and returned that connection to Torque like so:

Connection conn = Torque.getConnection();
conn.setAutoCommit(false);
Torque.closeConnection(conn);

The above connection would be returned to the pool for reuse.

If a further request of a connection happens, will the fact that this
connection's autoCommit flag is false be maintained in the cached
connection, thus causing a situation where it's not possible to predict
the state of the autoCommit flag on new connections?

Regards,
Graham