db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Gedin Frederic <frederic.ge...@jaluna.com>
Subject Re: Some comments on torque 3.1
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:43:25 GMT
Martin Poeschl wrote:

> looks like we need a version without postfix (beta, rc) to get reports
> from our users ;-)

I am sorry for that.  It's true that, in general, I prefer to work with
stable versions.
I'll do better next time.

> i'll fix the issues and rebuild the release files before the
> announcement ....
>
> Gedin Frederic wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>

>> I just downloaded torque 3.1 and given it a try.
>> I works quite fine except for the two following issues
>>  - the build-torque.xml file refers to "torque-gen-3.1-rc.jar"
>> instead of "torque-gen-3.1.jar"
>

> fixed
>
>>  - the Peer.vm template builds files which generate and use the
>> getMapBuilder function which
>>    as been set as deprecated in the BasePeer class.
>

> - the Object.vm template uses also the getMapBuilder function
>
> the method is deprecated in BasePeer, but the Peer.vm defines it's own
> getMapBuilder() method

In fact, java continues to report the deprecation even though the
function is redefined in Peer.vm.
To fix it, I just used getMapBuilder(String) instead.  This requires to
add import of map classes in Object.vm

Frédéric