db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Chris Huisman <chuis...@chenomx.com>
Subject Problems with VARCHAR primaryKey
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:46:38 GMT
Hello,

Using Torque 3.1 on Linuz with a MySQL database.

I have a database table layout as follows:

idMethod="idbroker">
        <column name="ALTERNATE_NAME" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="VARCHAR" size="50"/>
        <column name="COMPOUND_ID" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
        <foreign-key foreignTable="COMPOUND" onDelete="cascade">
            <reference local="COMPOUND_ID" foreign="UID"/>
        </foreign-key>

When I attempt to populate the table using:
AlternateNamePeer.doInsert(altName); (were altName is of type
AlternateName) it populates the row with a generated number such as 1000
or 1001, not with the value of ALTERNATE_NAME.alternate_name.

If I change the table definition to be:
idMethod="none">
        <column name="ALTERNATE_NAME" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="VARCHAR" size="50"/>
        <column name="COMPOUND_ID" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
        <foreign-key foreignTable="COMPOUND" onDelete="cascade">
            <reference local="COMPOUND_ID" foreign="UID"/>
        </foreign-key>
I am able to add as many "ALTERNATE_NAME" rows as I want, but I cannot
udate the ALTERNATE_NAME.alternate_name column.

How should I go about doing this?  Are you allowed to update primary
keys using torque and MySQL??

Thank you,

chris.