db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Kashambuzi" <mkashamb...@k2tp.com>
Subject Torque Deployed in an EAR on JBOSS 3.0.6
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:29:01 GMT
I'm attempting to deploy Torque in an EAR.

I have the following EAR structure

	sample.ear
		META-INF
			application.xml
		sample.jar
			META-INF
				MANIFEST.MF
			*.class
		torque.jar
		{torque-dependent*}.jar

MANIFEST.MF has the following:

	Manifest-Version: 1.0
	Class-Path: {all the Torque and dependent JARs in the root of the EAR
except for sample.jar}

When I attempt do deploy this EAR to JBoss, I get a NoClassDefFoundError on
TorqueException.  This class is imported in a stateless session bean I've
written to initialize Torque.

However, when I add the torque.jar and all dependent JARs to the JBoss
deploy/lib directory, I can deploy the sample.jar file (excluding the
MANIFEST.MF file) and Torque gets initialized when I call the session bean
from a test client.

Is there a problem deploying Torque in an EAR file?  Is there something
specific related to the MANIFEST file that I may be doing incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael