db-torque-user mailing list archives

From brian janaszek <bjanas...@collaborativefusion.com>
Subject Re: om classes with compile errors
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:32:31 GMT
On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 05:02, Amit Rana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am using the latest release and followed following steps

Latest version meaning 3.1?  I've had a lot of problems with 3.0 and the
OM class generation -- mostly in the way of syntax errors in the
generated code.

> 1. created xml schema of our existing tables using "jdbc" ant task
> //then other steps to create id table, init etc.
> 2. created om classes using "om" ant task
>
> A lot of classes generated had following kinds of compile errors:
> private Date renewaldate = new Date(0000-00-00 00:00:00);
> private int apiJpPrice = ;
>
> Is there something I can do to avoid this problem? I have to go to each
> class and try to correct these mistakes to make it compile successfully.

This could a problem within in the Torque code generation templates,
which has probably been corrected in 3.1 (where the code generation
classes were separated).

It may do you well to search the tubine-user archives, as most Turbine
users are also Torque users.

HTH