db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Alin" <mar...@swissrisk.com>
Subject Multithreading problem...
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:31:32 GMT
Dear mailinglist!!

I have a problem which might seem like a trivial one but I don't know
how to solve it or what the torque philosophy is of solving such
problems.

We are running torque in a multithreading environment and from time to
time we get wrong results back from the database due to the fact that
two threads are concurrently accessing the static database layer
methods. We thought of setting all the torque methods that we have
programmed ourself to "static syncronized"  but that wouldn't help
because the method in the Baseclasses are not "static syncronized" and
we sometimes access this directly. How is this problem ment to be
handled?? Is it not the idea of torque that you should be able to
directly access e.g. the method retrieveByPK(), (which obiviosly is a
autogenerated one of each class with a PK) or dou you always need to
wrap those methods in "static syncronized" methods!???

Please enlighten me!!!

Best regards, Markus

Markus Alin         tel: +41 1 455 70 03
Swissrisk AG        fax: +41 1 455 70 01
Raffelstrasse 32    mailto:markus@swissrisk.com
8045 Zurich         www.swissrisk.com

*                            Visit us at                          *
*		            EBIF, Frankfurt                           *
*             Oct. 27 - 29, 2003 - Hall 03, Booth H25             *
*                         FinanceForum, Zurich                    *
*                     Nov. 4 - 5, 2003 - Booth 112                *