db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Donald Rosengartner" <DROSENGART...@kc.rr.com>
Subject Ant build with Torque3.1 issues
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 04:23:17 GMT
Checking the readme.txt packaged with 3.1, I found suggestions to use Maven as the build utility.
I found little useful documentation on the Maven-torque setup and execution, so I'm defering
to Ant. I have a working build environment using Torque3.0-rc2 with Ant1.5.1. Upgrading to
Ant1.5.4 worked without any trouble.

The tutorial.html (packaged withTorque)still leads the user through an Ant build scenario.
The problem I'm having with Ant is that I get an exception "Unable to find resource org/apache/torque/default.properties".

First, I had to copy over the Schema directory from my old Torque directory(as if maven didn't
need it, so why bother)

Then I copied over the build-torque.xml file from the old directory likewise. If the build-torque.xml
has changed enough to cause such problems with Torque3.1/Ant, a newer build-torque.xml needs
to be packaged with the latest download(zip). Otherwise, if anyone has success in getting
3.1 to build with Maven, please post the missing pieces of the puzzle: How does maven know
where to find the Torque build dir? What does Maven expect to find there? Thanks in advance
for your insights.