db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Torque does not support InnoDB tables yet?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:14:23 GMT
Thomas Schindl <tom.schindl@profile.co.at> writes:

Add a new "mysql-inno" or "mysql-4" database type to the
generator. Should be pretty simple, basically you copy the mysql
templates and change a few names and parameters.

Patches welcome. ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

>On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 16:04, Jeroen Peschier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My Torque project uses a MySQL 4.1 database. I have many onUpdate and
>> onDelete restrictions in the project's schema.xml. When the SQL code
>> gets generated it outputs the foreign keys fine in the SQL, but no
>> ONUPDATE or ONDELETE constraints to be found... Is this a known issue?
>>
>> There's also no table type in the CREATE TABLE statements. I think MySQL
>> defaults to using MyISAM while I want InnoDB. How do I specify a table
>> type? Come to think of it, why even specify a table type if foreign keys
>> plus constraints are defined and the database is MySQL. InnoDB should be
>> implied, no?

>InnoDB => You have to "comment in" that in db.props-file of mysql.

>> Another minor thing I cannot specify in the schema is the character set
>> and collation to be used on a table.
>>
>> As is it now I have a post-create SQL-script that does a bunch of ALTER
>> TABLE statement and sets the required character set and collation. I
>> really don't want to add the referential constraints  manually. It kinda
>> defeats the purpose of having it generated :)
>>
>> Open for suggestions...
>>
>> Jeroen

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
       --- Scott Robert Ladd in <3F1874B0.6030507@coyotegulch.com>