db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "bhiyavudh" <bhiyav...@hotmail.com>
Subject Peer Class executeQuery Method
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:02:34 GMT
Hi,

   Thank you for pointing this out. The reason that I want to execute query directly is that
the similar Web project I work with previously use Oracle BC4J (not free) and I am able to
submit statement like "select * from some_table for update no wait" (OK this is Oracle specific).
I use this query to lock the parent record before going down to edit any childs record, so
other user in the mean time can not come to edit or delete this particular parent record.
Look at Torque API DOC briefly found only table level locking not record level locking. This
is the reason why I would like to submit query directly in such case. If anyone has better
suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regrads,