db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick O'Brien" <pobr...@chessys.com>
Subject RE: Problems with save() method with Peer class
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:00:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie and an at this point simply evaluating torque for possible use.
So far I have not been able to get it to work.

I plan to use torque in combo with struts and tomcat connecting to a ms sql
db.

I am able to generate the classes and scripts from the xml file.

However when I call the save() method I too get a null pointer.

I do notice that the init method (being called from a special
InitTorqueServlet)  never returns. No error no nothing it just hangs. For
sanity sake I have entered bogus connection data and I do get the correct
exception.

Furthermore I plan to use the tomcat realm class for authentication, and
entering the same criteria, I am able to make a connection with this db. The
db monitor I am using shows me the realmclasses connection, but the torque
connection is never made.

Has anyone used mssql with torque? Any other ideas why this connection is
never being made. Does torque only work with certain drivers?

Torque.properties follows
------------------------------
torque.database.default=cct
torque.database.cct.adapter=mssql

## Using torque's old pool
torque.dsfactory.cct.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFac
tory
torque.dsfactory.cct.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.cct.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.cct.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.cct.connection.driver=com.inet.tds.TdsDriver
torque.dsfactory.cct.connection.url=jdbc:inetdae7a:lisa?database=cct
torque.dsfactory.cct.connection.user=sa
torque.dsfactory.cct.connection.password=