db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Keeney, Thomas" <Keen...@SEC.GOV>
Subject RE: How to creat a Transaction to add or delete muti-Table Data?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:37:30 GMT
Michel,

If you want transactions to work, you must pass the Connection you retrieve
from the Transaction class as the save() method parameter.  Transaction
support works fine in Torque 3.0, so I'm sure it's still good for 3.1.  I
tested it myself by setting up an insert (save()) on two separate tables,
using the same Connection object.  One of the tables had all the correct
data, whereas I did not include a value in the second table where there was
a non-nullable field.  This caused the insert on the second table to fail,
and the insert on the first table rolled back.  Test it yourself.  Of
course, you have to make sure your database supports transactions (eg MySQL
with InnoDB).

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Beijlevelt / Lucka [mailto:mbe@lucka.nl]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 3:25 AM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: How to creat a Transaction to add or delete muti-Table
Data?

Howdy,

I you search the archives, there's some information about transcations,
but very little actually. I did find something like this:

            Connection conn = Transaction.begin(
FactextraoptionsPeer.DATABASE_NAME );
                extraoptions.save();
                contract.save();
            Transaction.commit( conn );

But I haven't seen any proof in the logs that the transactional
statements are actually generated, so I doubt if it really works.

gr. Michel

PS Transaction is from: import org.apache.torque.util.Transaction;