db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "BEN BOOKEY" <brgboo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Master-Details with torque
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:22:19 GMT
Dear List,

Can anyone tell me how you deal with multi-user master-detail tables using torque. ? and if
there is anyone who has done this ?

I would be very grateful for someone to explain how they overcame this.  ie. USER 1 is not
allowed to DELETE parent T1 table while USER2 is editting child table T2.

Because the applications are using a JDBC cache at the end of the day, and not within the
DB itself. I suspect that the Torque solution would be " USER 2 will get an error when he
tries to update T2 when its related row in its parent T1 no longer exists". In ORACLE's BC4J
a lock is place to prevent someone from deleting the parent during this operation.

Am I right..? Please help me !!

regards

Ben