db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "BEN BOOKEY" <brgboo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Apologies but I still have a small question regarding UPDATES using torque
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:44:08 GMT

Dear list,

When I perform an update on a deleted row inside a Oracle 9i database I get no exception or
message from torque that the row had been deleted and that the update had done nothing.

This information is very important I think in a multi-user env., as the user would be interested
to know if his update had "failed" because user2 has deleted the row.

Could anyone comment on this. Oracle returns no error when this happens, what about other
databases like DB2 or Mysql ?

Would appreciate any help,

Ben Bookey