db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: Foreign keys another great mystery... (longish w/ code)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:32:19 GMT
Thanks Dave

Sorry If the ma gag was a bit heavy.. But so was give me "read the
docs".. You're example is great... The important thing I've been
missing was the fact that a newly inserted object returns an id.. I'm
one happy bunny woo hoo!!

The rest interlaced

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 07:59 PM, Dave Newton wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 13:50, Mark Lowe wrote:
>> Thanks.. for pointing me to the docs, they're great aren't they i've
>> been reading them for days, its just a shame that as soon as you try
>> anything useful they don't seem to be right..
>
> Yeah, Jakarta documentation often leaves much to be desired. That's a
> pain in the ass and wastes a lot of time. *sigh* OTOH, it's free :D

Agreed its free, and that's why i don't mind if it doesn't work. Docs
that are several leaps beyond its present capabilities aren't not a
norm of open source projects and i think the "its free" excuse at
best.. lame. I'd love to have a look in torque and see if there's
anything useful I can contribute, but I have to be able to use it first.

>> Tell you what i'll even give you
>> back the pics I've got of you and your ma.
>
> Even if that was meant as a joke it's pretty rude.
>
>> So come on then Dave show me how stupid I am
>
> Redundancy sucks. You'll do fine.

You tell me..

>> The api gives me a setApplicant(Applicant v) method which is great..
>> Despite the fact it doesn't work.. Now I don't mind the fact this
>> doesn't work, just that all these little not worky things seem to be a
>> tad esoteric and not mentioned in the docs.. Variations of this have
>> be
>> trying the addApplication(Application v) in the applicant api, but
>> alas
>> no.
>
> What do you mean by "doesn't work?" Do you get an exception or does it
> appear as though nothing at all is happening?

Problem is I'm getting no exceptions. I'd love some action to be going
off but not a whisper.