db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: LONGTEXT what to do?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:50:06 GMT
I'm not a struts developer, however did you try setting the column type="longtext"

or, if you need a string you can pass a byte[] to a String() constructor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Hickey [mailto:cam@panoramatos.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 9:38 AM
To: 'Apache Torque Users List'
Subject: LONGTEXT what to do?

I realize that this may seem like a silly question, but I don't know the
answer:

I need to store long bits of text (HTML and XML) in a MYSQL database.
If I set the COLUMN TYPE="LONGVARCHAR" in my torque schema, that
generates a method which returns a byte[] data type.  Why is this so?  I
want to use this value in a form field on a Struts based website.  How
should I get the value to become a string?  Should I overwrite the
method which returns the value, or manage the conversion in my Struts
application?

Thanks for any advice

Cameron