db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: newbie questions - problems with dtd resolution and log4J
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:53:40 GMT
you can store that dtd localy and then just adjust your project schema like so...

<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM "file:///java/db-torque/src/generator/src/dtd/database.dtd" >

as for #2, make sure you'r Torque.properties is accurate and you have the appender in your
classpath.

i.e.
log4j.category.org.apache.torque = ALL, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file = /temp/torque.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = true

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Goldstein [mailto:sdgoldst@mailandnews.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 11:42 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: newbie questions - problems with dtd resolution and log4J

I'm going through the tutorial and I've had the following problems:

1.  When I'm not connected to the internet, the dtd for my project schema
files cannot be found.  From the build output, it looks like torque uses a
custom dtd resolver, org.apache.torque.engine.database.transform.DTDResolver.
Can someone describe what algorithm it uses to find the dtd?

2.  The builder output also states:

(org.apache.torque.engine.data
base.transform.DTDResolver).

I followed all of the property file instructions in the tutorial.  Any
suggestions on why the logging may not be working?

Thank you for your help.

Scott

                       Shanje.NET

 The webmaster's 1st choice for Windows 2003 Hosting

               http://www.Shanje.NET/