db-torque-user mailing list archives

From CP Lim <cp_...@redsheriff.com>
Subject Re: Torque: Hard coding of database name in *BasePeer and *MapBuilder java files.
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:00:26 GMT
Hi Zigs,

The database name in the *BasePeer.java and *MapBuilder.java are really
just labels used in the Torque.properties file.  eg.  given the
following *MapBuilder.java file:

---------------
// SomeClassMapBuilder.java
     public void doBuild() throws TorqueException
     {
         dbMap = Torque.getDatabaseMap("cpl"); // LABEL = 'cpl'

	// more code to follow...
----------------

The 'cpl' label really maps to the 'torque.database.default' parameter
in the Torque.properties file:

----------------
# The default database config to use.
torque.database.default=cpl
torque.database.cpl.adapter=postgresql
----------------

Hope that helps.

cheers,
CP

Zigs Torque wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  Whoever solve my problem, I would really appreciate.
>  Im using TORQUE 3.0 , and we have database name hard
>  coded when we run torque to generate beans .. hard
>  coding in *BasePeer.java and *MapBuilder.java files
>    Is this issue already bean addressed or any
>  alternatives to get away from this hard coding , so
>  that we can have database name reading from some
>  property or xml file directly run time.
>
>  Thanks a lot, appreciate any help.
>
> -zt

R E D S H E R I F F
C.P. Lim - Software Engineer
[cp_lim@redsheriff.com]

96-98 Market St    +61 (3) 9606 4036 tel
South Melbourne    +61 (3) 9606 4001 fax
Victoria  3205     +61 (413) 781 846 cell

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us
immediately by return email or telephone +61 (2) 8204 5888, then delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and many not necessarily reflect the views of Red
Sheriff.