db-torque-user mailing list archives

From CP Lim <cp_...@redsheriff.com>
Subject Re: Jdbc2
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:58:15 GMT
Hi Samuel,

I've experienced these connection leaks first hand, and since moving to
jdbc2 pool, it's disappeared altogether.  Highly recommend moving to it.

I believe the following should work:

--------------------------------------
torque.database.default=my_db
torque.database.my_db.adapter=oracle

torque.dsfactory.my_db.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.my_db.pool.defaultMaxActive=20
torque.dsfactory.my_db.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.my_db.pool.validationQuery=SELECT sysdate from dual
torque.dsfactory.my_db.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.my_db.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:my_db
torque.dsfactory.my_db.connection.user = test
torque.dsfactory.my_db.connection.password = test
--------------------------------------

(I believe) The validationQuery configuration is the SQL used to test to
make sure a pooled Connection is still valid before being used by
Torque.  So this will be different for different databases.  The default
'SELECT 1' works on PostgreSQL, so I'm suspecting that's the cause of
your problems.

For more info you might want to have a look at
http://www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg00631.html.

Disclaimer:  I'm not using Oracle, but above configuration should
work.... in theory ;).

cheers,
CP

Samuel Le Berrigaud wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we work on a project using Turbine & Torque with Tomcat and an Oracle
> Database. Since a few days we encountered a problem with the database.
>
> After a search on the list and other places, we found out that torque's
> old pool has a possible connection leak. Does someone experienced that ?
> and have some information ...
>
> So we may want to use the Jdbc2Pool, but we don't know the differnces
> beetween those two pools and the way to configure the jdbc2 pool. Can
> someone help and give some advice using or not the Jdbc2 pool, and the
> to configure it ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SaM

R E D S H E R I F F
C.P. Lim - Software Engineer
[cp_lim@redsheriff.com]

96-98 Market St    +61 (3) 9606 4036 tel
South Melbourne    +61 (3) 9606 4001 fax
Victoria  3205     +61 (413) 781 846 cell

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us
immediately by return email or telephone +61 (2) 8204 5888, then delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and many not necessarily reflect the views of Red
Sheriff.