db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Michel Beijlevelt / Lucka <...@lucka.nl>
Subject getFieldNames method not available in BaseObject (serialization)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:49:31 GMT
Hi all,

With the adoption of xml in our project we faced the problem of
serializing some of our
torque objects to xml.

Great tools as castor are on the market, but unusable without any
additional mapping because of the nature of the tool (use of
introspection) sinds not all getters are usable. We wrote a simple
serializer that retrieves al fieldnames through the method getFieldNames
and used that for creating a xml node.

We then faced the problem that the getFieldNames method is available in
every torque object, but not as an abstract in BaseObject. We wondered
if there is any valid reason why this method isn't used in BaseObject?

Anyone used another solution in this case?

Kind regards,

Michel Beijlevelt