db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Sgarlata Matt" <sgarlata_m...@bah.com>
Subject Re: SQL 2 xml
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:49:16 GMT
The jdbc task handles foreign keys properly for me, although this may
depend on the database (I have no idea).  I am using Oracle.

One thing about the task is that it doesn't always generate a file that
will correctly generate your torque classes on the first try using the
om task.  It wasn't too difficult for me to fix the file that was
generated, so hopefully it won't be for you either.  The jdbc task was
definitely a huge time-saver for my project!

Matt

Dave Newton wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 15:12, Sgarlata Matt wrote:
>
>>The jdbc ant task will take care of this for you.  Just type
>>
>>ant -f build-torque.xml jdbc
>

> Heck, I didn't know that. Thanks! (And thanks for keeping it on the
> list; dangling questions w/o known answers don't help the global
> knowledge pool any!)
>
> Can't check for myself here, but does it correctly handle keys
> (especially foreign) properly?
>
> Dave

Matthew Sgarlata
Senior Consultant