db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jeroen Peschier <j.pesch...@uzorg.nl>
Subject Torque does not support InnoDB tables yet?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:04:59 GMT
Hi all,

My Torque project uses a MySQL 4.1 database. I have many onUpdate and
onDelete restrictions in the project's schema.xml. When the SQL code
gets generated it outputs the foreign keys fine in the SQL, but no
ONUPDATE or ONDELETE constraints to be found... Is this a known issue?

There's also no table type in the CREATE TABLE statements. I think MySQL
defaults to using MyISAM while I want InnoDB. How do I specify a table
type? Come to think of it, why even specify a table type if foreign keys
plus constraints are defined and the database is MySQL. InnoDB should be
implied, no?

Another minor thing I cannot specify in the schema is the character set
and collation to be used on a table.

As is it now I have a post-create SQL-script that does a bunch of ALTER
TABLE statement and sets the required character set and collation. I
really don't want to add the referential constraints  manually. It kinda
defeats the purpose of having it generated :)

Open for suggestions...

Jeroen