db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Michel Beijlevelt / Lucka <...@lucka.nl>
Subject Re: different internal variable names
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 07:38:09 GMT
Howdy,

I don't know, I think I would Torque rather see more tightly coupled
with the RDBMS and dump the XML schema entirely.

My RDBMS already has a schema, which would be the metadatabase in the
systems tables. So why create another definition in XML of the same
database and tables? Now you manually have to keep the XML schema and
the actual metadatabase consistent which is tedious and error-prone; of
course this is less of an issue if you have little changes in your
schema 's.

Torque's capability of abstraction of the RDBMS-specific isssues comes
in quite handy here. The process could be automated by having Torque
generate the XML definition from a JDBC conncection, and then generate
the om from that XML, but I haven't tried that yet.

gr. Michel