db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sng Wee Jim <jimem...@singnet.com.sg>
Subject Problem generating ojb file that ship with torque-3.02
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:10:52 GMT
Hi,
Just would like to feedback some problems that I encountered during generation of ojb file
model and repository with the out-of-box torque-3.02.

I am running
  ant -f build-torque.xml ojb-model
and
  ant -f build-torque.xml ojb-repository

Problem:
1. The ojb-model is still generating torque's Base and Peer classes instead of a normal JavaBean.

As for the task ojb-repository, the file name is incorrect,
eg.
2.repository_bookstore.xml is generated as repository__bookstore.xml (not the 2 underscores
instead of one)
3. The repository_internal.xml and OJB.properties is not generated along with the tasks.

I tried torque-3.1-alpha2 but running the 2 tasks gave me the error:
taskdef class org.apache.torque.TorqueDataModelTask cannot be found.

However I managed to get the generation working (partially) by copying the ojb generation
templates from the <torque-3.1-alpha2 home>\src\generator\src\templates\ojb to
<torque-3.02 home>\templates\ojb directory.

The following problems were encountered:
1. The generated JavaBean does not implements java.io.Serializable. In addition, some of the
parameters like col.UncapitalisedJavaName (in ojb/model/Object.vm)
and
ojbPlatform, jdbcLevel, urlProtocol, urlSubprotocol urlDbalias (in ojb/model/MainRepository.vm)
are missing.

This is due to the old (torque-3.02) ant task TorqueDataModel used for the generation. I tried
to add the new ant tasks to the build-torque.xml classpath, but, the missing parameter problem
still persists.

2. The repository_internal.xml and OJB.properties is not generated along with the tasks.

Jim