db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Andras Balogh" <and...@reea.net>
Subject Re: Peers class executeQuery mehtod (raw SQL queries)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:33:37 GMT
Hi,

If you execute queries directly with BasePeer.executeQuery
than Torque won't return a List of your Objects.
It will be a List of com.workingdogs.village.Record objects.

Best wishes,

Andras.

      In Peers Howto guide under the section Criteria Objects I found the follwoing sentence
"Criteria can also be used to do some other sql function like ORDER BY or DISTINCT. If Criteria
is too limited for your purposes (which should not happen often) you are still free to use
raw sql queries.". If I understand it correctly I am able to pass raw sql string to some of
the Peers class method to perform the fuction I required. I try this with "executeQuery(String
sql)" method but it doesn't seem to work. The method execute but when I try to obtain the
list of Data Objects and iterate through it, the code throw TorqueException with message "null".
I want to use raw sql queries when I want to submit the query like "select col1, col2, col3
from table1 for update nowait" to lock a particular record on Oracle database. I have post
this question before never get the proper answer or example on how to do it. I hope this time
some body can provide the answer or confirm that the above method does not work. Please do
not suggest that I should not use record level locking for performance reason. I get this
kind of answer before, please answer the exact question above. I need to use locking in my
application. Thank you for your valuable time and answer.

  Regards,