db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Mansour Raad" <mr...@e-iit.com>
Subject newbie question
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:07:16 GMT
Hi,

If I define the idMethod as 'idbroker' in the table tag in the schema.xml
file, my test program works fine. However, when I switch it to 'native' (as
my db is mysql) my test program

produces:

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table 'snapshot_head' is
null at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:690) at

com.npd.torque.BaseSnapshotHeadPeer.doInsert(BaseSnapshotHeadPeer.java:219)
at

com.npd.torque.BaseSnapshotHeadPeer.doInsert(BaseSnapshotHeadPeer.java:569)
at com.npd.torque.BaseSnapshotHead.save(BaseSnapshotHead.java:592)

at com.npd.torque.BaseSnapshotHead.save(BaseSnapshotHead.java:554)

at com.npd.torque.BaseSnapshotHead.save(BaseSnapshotHead.java:534)

at com.npd.torque.SnapshotHeadTest.main(SnapshotHeadTest.java:15)

Exception in thread "main" Process terminated with exit code 1

My question, is why is it still using the idGenerator, as MySQL has an
autogeneration method !!! I'm missing something somewhere, and have been
staring at this for a while, any help will be appreciated !

Regards,

Mansour

;-)