db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron Hickey" <...@panoramatos.com>
Subject RE: problems with torque at runtime
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:59:21 GMT
Johannes,

I get the first error (about transactions) on my site as well, and I
have been ignoring it because everything still functions.  The second
error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Connection object was null. This
could be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory

I have found is caused by the inability of your torque init servlet to
find the Torque.properties file.

Where is your properties file located?  How are you loading it into your
initialization servlet?

Cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: Johannes Plachy [mailto:johannes.plachy@jps.at]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 10:09 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: problems with torque at runtime

Hello,

I am new to torque and tryingto get it up and running without success.
code generation and db initialization works fine, but runtime usage
doesnt work.

I am using a fairly simple mysql db with just one table without need of
an idbroker.

my runtime config: ( no factory worked for me...)

torque.database.default : registerx
torque.database.registerx.adapter : mysql
torque.dsfactory.default.factory :
org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections : 10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime : 3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout : 10
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url :
jdbc:mysql://192.168.100.1/TEST
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user : johannes
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password : test
torque.database.registerx.maxConnections : 10
torque.database.registerx.expiryTime : 3600000

this is the exception I always get on my first access to the db:

38997 [Thread-5] WARN oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker is being used with db
'REGDAT', which does not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to use
transactions to limit the possibility of duplicate key generation.
Without transactions, duplicate key generation is possible if multiple
JVMs are used or other means are used to write to the database.
39017 [Thread-12] DEBUG oid.IDBroker  - IDBroker thread was started.
StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw
exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Connection object was null. This
could be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the
logs and Torque.properties to better determine the cause.

does anybody know the reason why this doesn't work ?
Johannes