db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes Plachy" <johannes.pla...@jps.at>
Subject RE: problems with torque at runtime
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:50:59 GMT
Cameron,

Torque always claims to be initialized correctly ( Torque.isInit()
returns true) and the
initialization itself is done without error message.

Currently I switched to Tomcat-managed Datasources and pass a Connection
object to each Torque-peer class method.
This works fine, but I quess is not the cleanest solution.

Johannes

( following my init servlet code )

 public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
    {
        super.init(config);

        try
        {
            InputStream configStream =
                getServletContext().getResourceAsStream(
config.getInitParameter("config"));
            PropertiesConfiguration c = new PropertiesConfiguration();
            c.load(configStream);

            Torque.init(c);

        }
        catch (IOException e)
        {
            throw new ServletException(e.toString());
        }
        catch (TorqueException e)
        {