db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jürgen Hoffmann ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Torque 3.1 and Turbine 2.3
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:17:57 GMT
Hi all,

Since I moved from Torque-3.1-alpha2 to Torque-3.1-beta1 my Turbine App
does not start up =(

All I see is:
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.27-LE-jdk14
WebappClassLoader:
validateJarFile(M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\servlet-2.3.jar) - jar
not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
WebappClassLoader:
validateJarFile(M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\servlet.jar) - jar not
loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
WebappClassLoader:
validateJarFile(M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\servletapi-2.3.jar) - jar
not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.engine

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named
"org.apache.torque.engine".
2003-08-26 11:06:49,904 [main] INFO  org.apache.turbine.Turbine -
Configured log4j from M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Log4j.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:49,904 [main] INFO  org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Loaded
configuration  (Properties) from
/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
(M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\TurbineResources.properties)
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: ComponentService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: AvalonComponentService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: FactoryService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: PoolService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: RunDataService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: ServletService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,934 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: AssemblerBrokerService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: LocalizationService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: MimeTypeService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: GlobalCacheService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: UniqueIdService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: UploadService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: SecurityService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: PullService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: IntakeService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: CryptoService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: TemplateService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: XSLTService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: SecurityContextService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: VelocityService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,944 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Added Mapping for
Service: LuceneService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,954 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Start Initializing
service (early): ComponentService
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] WARN
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - The
ComponentService is deprecated!
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - Fixing
up /WEB-INF/conf/Fulcrum.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - Now:
M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - Added
fulcrum as a component
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - Fixing
up /WEB-INF/conf/menu.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - Now:
M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\menu.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:49,964 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.component.TurbineComponentService - Added
menu as a component
2003-08-26 11:06:49,974 [main] INFO
org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader - loading component:
name=fulcrum class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:49,974 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader - attempting to load
'org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum' with the config file
'M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties'.
2003-08-26 11:06:50,014 [main] INFO  org.apache.fulcrum.TurbineServices
- Finished initializing all services!
2003-08-26 11:06:50,014 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader - good news!
org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum successfully configured and initialized
2003-08-26 11:06:50,014 [main] INFO
org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader - loading component:
name=menu class=de.byteaction.commons.turbine.components.menu.MenuLoader
config=M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\menu.properties
2003-08-26 11:06:50,014 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader - attempting to load
'de.byteaction.commons.turbine.components.menu.MenuLoader' with the
config file 'M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\menu.properties'.
2003-08-26 11:06:50,034 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Start Initializing
service (late): ServletService
2003-08-26 11:06:50,044 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.servlet.TurbineServletService - Initializing
with ServletConfig
2003-08-26 11:06:50,044 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Finish Initializing
service (late): ServletService
serialized exists
2003-08-26 11:06:50,074 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader - good news!
de.byteaction.commons.turbine.components.menu.MenuLoader successfully
configured and initialized
2003-08-26 11:06:50,074 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Finish Initializing
service (early): ComponentService
2003-08-26 11:06:50,074 [main] INFO
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker - Start Initializing
service (early): AvalonComponentService
2003-08-26 11:06:50,114 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentServic
e - Config File:
M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\componentConfiguration.xml
2003-08-26 11:06:50,114 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentServic
e - Role File:   M:\borc\src\webapp\WEB-INF\conf\roleConfiguration.xml
2003-08-26 11:06:50,184 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.turbine.services.avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentServic
e - Application Root is M:\borc\src\webapp
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.1.27-LE-jdk14

I am trying to use Torque as an Avalon Component. I have this set inside
my TR.props

services.AvalonComponentService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.av
aloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentService

services.AvalonComponentService.componentConfiguration =
/WEB-INF/conf/componentConfiguration.xml
services.AvalonComponentService.componentRoles =
/WEB-INF/conf/roleConfiguration.xml
services.AvalonComponentService.lookup = org.apache.torque.avalon.Torque

When I point my Browser to the Turbine Application I am getting:

2003-08-26 11:10:56,996 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] INFO
org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Double initialization of Turbine was
attempted!
2003-08-26 11:10:57,006 [HttpProcessor[8080][4]] ERROR
org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Turbine.handleException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:692)
        at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.
java:466)
        at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:18
0)

I have the following additional jars on in my WEB-INF/lib Directory

excalibur-component
excalibur-instrument
excalibur-logger
excalibur-pool
avalon-framework
logkit

ANY HELP to point me into the right direction is HIGHLY appreciated

Kind regards

Jürgen Hoffmann