db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jenny Brown <je...@bigbrother.net>
Subject Re: Possible Connection Leak
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:12:04 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, adkumar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I am testing Torques' old connection pool.
>
>     To test the connection I am running a query every minute. After
> every 45/46 minute, it looks like
>     a new connection is made and even after connection time out, it is
> not released.

I would just like to add that I have also seen connection leaks
during exception handling.  If an error occurs (SQL exception from
a missing column or something), then Torque seems to leak that
connection and not clean up after itself.  This happens no matter
whether I create the connection and pass it to Torque, or whether
I let Torque make its own connections.

I don't have many details or confirmations but I have seen the
behavior very regularly.  So, if someone is checking into pooling and
connection cleanup, it may be useful to look into this too.

Jenny Brown