db-torque-user mailing list archives

From andrew.j.macgilv...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Informix Meta Data
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:58:24 GMT
Malcom,

        I had a similar problem with ORACLE, until someone told me to have
the schema name in uppercase.

Andy

"Malcolm Kendall" <mikendall@blueyonder.co.uk>

02-Jul-2003 11:20
Please respond to "Turbine Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>

        To:     torque-user@db.apache.org

        cc:
        Subject:        Informix Meta Data

I am trying to get an xml schema from a legacy Informix database.
When I run "ant -f build-torque.xml jdbc" everything works except the
schema consists of

                 <DATABASE/>

which is a little dissapointing for a database with 50+ tables.

The ant task has:
                 tableNames = dbMeta.getTables(null, dbSchema, "%",
types);

but Informix JDBC driver docs says that quote "interprets the JDBC API
term schemas
to mean the names of informix users who own tables" unquote.

If I swap catalog and schemas parameters the result set is not empty any
more.
So I still want the schema but don't see setting up dummy users as
database names
as a long term solution.

Malcolm Kendall, NetVisionIT