db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Kendall" <mikend...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Informix Meta Data
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:20:15 GMT

I am trying to get an xml schema from a legacy Informix database.
When I run "ant -f build-torque.xml jdbc" everything works except the
schema consists of

	<DATABASE/>

which is a little dissapointing for a database with 50+ tables.

The ant task has:
	tableNames = dbMeta.getTables(null, dbSchema, "%", types);

but Informix JDBC driver docs says that quote "interprets the JDBC API term schemas
to mean the names of informix users who own tables" unquote.

If I swap catalog and schemas parameters the result set is not empty any more.
So I still want the schema but don't see setting up dummy users as database names
as a long term solution.

Malcolm Kendall, NetVisionIT