db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Mitch Christensen" <mitch.christen...@informatixinc.com>
Subject Can't generated Torque logging
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:08:39 GMT
Hey,

We are in production using Turbine 2.2b3/Torque-3.0b4.

Our production servers regularly, thought infrequently hang.  Stack traces
of all running threads show that one culprit thread is blocked wait()ing
inside GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject().  Unfortunately, this thread
holds the monitor on the Jdbc2PoolDataSource object, and *all* other threads
are blocked waiting on this object.

I suspect a database connection leak, but I can't for the life of me get
Torque to generate *any* logging data.  I'm using the standard
torque.properties file (see below), but no torque.log file ever gets
created.

This is my second full day trying to get Torque logging to work, and have
poured over all documentation/archives, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what it takes to generate Torque logging
within Turbine?

Thanks in advance.
-Mitch

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# $Id: Torque.master,v 1.3 2002/08/07 08:07:01 jmcnally Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for Torque.
#
# Note that strings containing "," (comma) characters must backslash
# escape the comma (i.e. '\,')
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

torque.applicationRoot = .

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  L O G G I N G
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# We use Log4J for all Torque logging and we embed the log4j
# properties within our application configuration.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

# This first category is required and the category
# must be named 'default'. This is used for all logging
# where an explicit category is not specified.
log4j.category.org.apache.torque = debug, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file =
${torque.applicationRoot}/logs/torque.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p
%c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  T O R Q U E  P R O P E R T I E S
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are your database settings. Look in the
# org.apache.torque.pool.* packages for more information.
#
# The parameters to connect to the default database.  You MUST
# configure these properly.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

torque.database.default=costars
torque.database.costars.adapter=oracle

# it would be nice to get this working as well...
torque.database.logInterval = 5000

## Using Jdbc2Pool for ourapp pool
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSou
rceFactory
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.pool.validationQuery=select dummy from dual
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:1521:ourapp
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.user = xxxxx
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.password = xxxx

## Using jndi
#torque.dsfactory.costars.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSource
Factory
#torque.dsfactory.costars.jndi.path=jdbc/costars
#torque.dsfactory.costars.jndi.java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
#torque.dsfactory.costars.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs =
org.apache.naming

# Determines if the quantity column of the IDBroker's id_table should
# be increased automatically if requests for ids reaches a high
# volume.

torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true