db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Jarnot Voytek Contr AU HQ/SC <Voytek.Jar...@MAXWELL.AF.MIL>
Subject RE: Oracle and query date
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:12:33 GMT
I had the same problem (and fixed it) back in february.  I've submitted TWO
bug reports (along with code that solves the problem), which seem to have
been ignored...

Here's my message about the fix from february:

[QUOTING MYSELF]
Well, I'm going to answer myself in the hopes that this helps someone else,
my null pointer exception was solved by adding
torque.database.default.adapter=oracle to my torque.properties file.

That brought to light a whole new suite of problems with using Dates in
Criteria with Oracle.  After wading through the source for a while, I've
fixed the problem by adding the following to
org.apache.torque.adapter.DBOracle.java:

private static final String DATE_FORMAT = "dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss";
public String getDateString(Date date) {
  return "TO_DATE('" + new SimpleDateFormat(DATE_FORMAT).format(date) + "',
'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')";
}

Essentially, since DBOracle didn't override getDateString(String), the one
from DB was being used - which is completely useless as far as Oracle is
concerned.  Actually it's beyond buggy, because it doesn't take into account
the fact that Timestamp objects cannot represent dates before 01-Jan-1970.
[/QUOTING MYSELF]

--
Voytek Jarnot