db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: question on Torque's limitation
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:39:58 GMT
I'm also pretty new to torque but resorting to SQL breaks the model..

My understanding is that you should have to think in terms of SQL but
in terms of the object model, which is the whole point. I'll have a
look over the documentation, but I'd be very disappointed if it was the
case that you'd have to do this. From what I've seen so far the api
would only be more complex than it needs if you're still thinking in
SQL rather than Objects.

My money is on all this being possible without breaking any design
patterns (e.g. resorting to sql). I'll drop another posting when I've
taken a look and can be more helpful.

Cheers mark