db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Simpkins" <RussellSimpk...@funnygarbage.com>
Subject RE: Hibernate vs. Torque
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:59:52 GMT
I don't have the experience that you do with Torque, but I have at least tried it.  I have
just about as much experience with Hibernate.  That being said, I think I like Hibernate more.
 I feel, personally, that Hibernate is simpler then Torque.  There also seems to be more wide
spread use of Hibernate.  It is integreated with XDoclet, Middlegen and used by many in JBoss
and Struts.  I found it easier to use BLOB/CLOBs, the query interface was much easier for
me and you don't have to regenerate your object model if you add a column since Hibernate
uses a mapping xml architecture.  I think you will like Hibernate if you give it a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keeney, Thomas [mailto:KeeneyT@SEC.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 12:54 PM
To: 'torque-user@db.apache.org'
Subject: Hibernate vs. Torque

Hi all!

I've been using Torque for almost 2 years now, and I have to say it's a
great product.  However, I've been wanting to try another persistence
framework lately (call it wanderlust!).  Does anyone have any thoughts on
using Hibernate and how it compares with Torque?  I've checked out the
Hibernate documentation and it appears to handle more complex distributed
applications better than Torque (optimistic locking support, etc).

Thanks,

Tom Keeney