db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Remke Rutgers <Remke.Rutg...@brightalley.nl>
Subject runtime SQL script execution using torque
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:12:11 GMT
Hi all,

In my web-application, I want to be able to execute SQL scripts at runtime.
This script includes DROP TABLE, CREATE TABLE, and simple SELECT and INSERT
commands.
I thought of using TorqueSQLExec, but I am wondering how to configure it
properly.
The build.properties for the generation part of torque uses other properties
for configuration than the properties file for the runtime part.

example generation time properties:
torque.database.createUrl =
torque.database.buildUrl =
torque.database.url =
torque.database.driver =
torque.database.user =
torque.database.password =
torque.database.host =
torque.database.Name =
torque.database.schema =

example runtime properties:
torque.dsfactory.xxx.datasource.driver =
torque.dsfactory.xxx.datasource.url =
torque.dsfactory.xxx.datasource.user =
torque.dsfactory.xxx.datasource.password =

Could I make use of the runtime configuration properties? How?

Anybody tried something like this before?

Any reasons not to do this?

(better) alternatives for executing an SQL script?

Remke