db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Fortytwo <...@ign.com>
Subject RE: Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn() bug? (DB IS NULL)
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:08:26 GMT
I'm having the problem as well. People have asked about this on this list a
number of times, but no one seems to have an answer. The problem lies with
using a string column for ordering vs any other column type. Try ordering
with any other column which is not a string column. I'll bet it works.

In the source code of BasePeer, it appears that the "db" variable is null.
That variable is only referred to if the order by column is a string, so
that's why there's a problem only when using string columns to order by.

The value of db is set higher up in the function with:
         DB db = Torque.getDB(criteria.getDbName());

So for some reason Torque.getDB is returning null.

I've tried creating the Criteria using:
     Criteria crit = new Criteria();
or
     Criteria crit = new Criteria("rego");
where "rego" is my database name.

I've tried calling
         crit.setDbName("rego");

In my schema file I have the element
     <database name="rego" defaultIdMethod="none">

But none of those things makes any difference.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know how to fix this?