db-torque-user mailing list archives

From a7b46...@telus.net
Subject Re: question on Torque's limitation
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:41:13 GMT
This is not a matter of how one thinks. It's a matter of can or cannot, and
to what degree of easiness and efficiency.
If Torque's OM can solve the issue I stated without multiple db hits for
performance's sake, I wouldn't mind to think in terms of OM. But if OM
cannot match the flexibility of SQL, which is what Torque is trying to
replace as API, then it is fruitless no matter how hard you think in
Torque's way. Torque OM simply cannot live up to such a modest expectation.
In fact, I would be open to another OM tool, lest to say breaking Torque's
OM.