db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Clotworthy" <tclotwor...@bka-inc.com>
Subject Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn() bug?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:22:29 GMT
Hello,
I was hoping some could tell me whether there are any know bugs with the

org.apache.torque.util.Criteria. addAscendingOrderByColumn() method?
I have a very simple query:

FESCriteria crit = new FESCriteria();
crit.addAscendingOrderByColumn(RefTransactionCodesPeer.TYPE_OF_TRANSACTI
ON);

transList = (ArrayList) RefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelect(crit);

If I leave out the addAscendingOrderByColumn line, it works fine. When
included,
I get an exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQuery(BasePeer.java:1209)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQueryString(BasePeer.java:927)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1321)
        at
com.hotapp.fes.om.BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(
BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.java:398)
        at
com.hotapp.fes.om.BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(
BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.java:366)
        at
com.hotapp.fes.om.BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelect(BaseRefTransac
tionCodesPeer.java:334)
        at
com.hotapp.fes.support.FESSupportDAO.selectTransTypes(FESSupportDAO.j
ava:202)...blah, blah, blah..

I have verified that the RefTransactionCodesPeer.TYPE_OF_TRANSACTION is
equivalent to a valid and appropriate String value, so its not that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.