db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Clotworthy" <tclotwor...@bka-inc.com>
Subject RE: Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn() bug? (DB IS NULL)
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:10:53 GMT
As a test, I just attempted to register the mapbuilder before my
doSelect() as described below, and I got an exception at the point of
the registration call. My code was:

Torque.registerMapBuilder("com.hotapp.fes.om.map.RefTransactionCodesMapB
uilder");
transList = (ArrayList) RefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelect(crit);

and the exception was:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.registerMapBuilder(Torque.java:821)
        at
com.hotapp.fes.support.FESSupportDAO.selectTransTypes(FESSupportDAO.j
ava:204)
        at
com.hotapp.fes.support.FESSupportManager.selectTransTypes(FESSupportM
anager.java:112)..blah..blah..

The corresponding Torque.java line is:

public static void registerMapBuilder(String className)
    {
 (here's line 821):       mapBuilders.add(className);
    }

As I am passing a String, don't see how that could be the problem, and
since mapBuilders object would presumably get created at time method is
called (since both method call and mapBuilders object are static..

What might I be doing wrong??

Thanks again ahead of time.

[Torque.registerMapBuilder("com.mycompany.om.map.MyObjectMapBuilder");]

> On 9 Jul 2003 at 18:08, Geoff Fortytwo wrote:
>
> > I'm having the problem as well. People have asked about this on this
> list a
> > number of times, but no one seems to have an answer. The problem
lies
> with
> > using a string column for ordering vs any other column type. Try
> ordering
> > with any other column which is not a string column. I'll bet it
works.

> > In the source code of BasePeer, it appears that the "db" variable is
> null.
> > That variable is only referred to if the order by column is a
string, so
> > that's why there's a problem only when using string columns to order
by.

> > The value of db is set higher up in the function with:
> >          DB db = Torque.getDB(criteria.getDbName());
> >
> > So for some reason Torque.getDB is returning null.
> >
> > I've tried creating the Criteria using:
> >      Criteria crit = new Criteria();
> > or
> >      Criteria crit = new Criteria("rego");
> > where "rego" is my database name.
> >
> > I've tried calling
> >          crit.setDbName("rego");
> >
> > In my schema file I have the element
> >      <database name="rego" defaultIdMethod="none">
> >
> > But none of those things makes any difference.
> >
> > Can anyone help? Does anyone know how to fix this?
> >

> > At 01:50 PM 7/9/2003, Tim Clotworthy wrote:
> > >Thanks for the reply. Did you ever resolve this, and if so, could
you
> > >tell me how? I am using Oracle9i database, and torque3.0.  Thanks
> again.

method?

>crit.addAscendingOrderByColumn(RefTransactionCodesPeer.TYPE_OF_TRANSACT

> When

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQueryString(BasePeer.java:927)
> > >org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1321)
> > > >
> com.hotapp.fes.om.BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(
> > > >
> com.hotapp.fes.om.BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(
> > > >
> com.hotapp.fes.om.BaseRefTransactionCodesPeer.doSelect(BaseRefTransac
> > > >
> com.hotapp.fes.support.FESSupportDAO.selectTransTypes(FESSupportDAO.j

RefTransactionCodesPeer.TYPE_OF_TRANSACTION