db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron Hickey" <...@panoramatos.com>
Subject Developing with Torque and Struts
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:52:58 GMT
Although I am new to the whole world of JSP development, have been spent
a significant learning about developing web apps with struts.  I had
originally been using Hibernate for my Object Persistence, but after
purchasing a Struts Quickstart guide, I have decided to move over to
torque because it seems a little more straightforward and simple to use.

My questions are rudimentary:
How should I set up my development structure so that I can get
everything to compile correctly?
This is the basic structure I am trying to work from:
I cannot figure out how to get the 2 sides of my component (struts and
torque) to build properly using ant.
In all my searching, I have only found a logical structure for the
resulting WAR, but not for the development environment.
Can anyone provide a working example that accounts for logical placement
of the different build configuration files, and where the resultant
compiled classes should land.
Do you normally compile the torque classes separately from the other
action and form classes?
Thanks for any advice
Cameron Hickey