db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Vallet" <sval...@t-systems.fr>
Subject RE: Strange values in id table
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:26:50 GMT
> Did you notice, that if you divide
> NEXT_ID through QUANTITY it results always
> in something like 23?

I'm still developing... and the next_id is incremented each time I
initialize Torque (often) and use the idBroker.getNextId() feature (I think
the "prefetch" setting is responsible for that).
Must have been 23 times since the id_table has such quantity values (but
can't remember when that was :)

> I don't mean to make any relation to the
> famous German movie '23' :)) but seems to be
> some higher precaching or something??

It is definitely (see the "prefetch" setting), but i was thinking only the
next_id value is ever updated in the table ?
I highly suspect the idbroker.cleverquantity property to be responsible for
this, should I try to turn it off (Torque doesn't seem so happy when it is)
?

Cheers,
Simon
--