db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Belisle <torque_maill...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: sql2xml, sybase power designer
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:42:02 GMT
Hi there,

The alpha version of MySQL 4.1.0 and Connector/J 3.1.0 perform flawlessly (yes, also with
foreign keys) the "jdbc" function of the Torque generator.

So I guess you can export your SQL schema from Sybase Power Designer to MySQL 4.1.0 and then
use "jdbc" create your desired XML file for Torque.

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.1.html
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-jdbc-dev.html

Nicolas Belisle

Remco Gerlich <sa@pino.selwerd.nl> wrote:
Our application uses a MySQL database. We design the table structure
in Sybase Power Designer, export to SQL, use Torque's sql2xml task to
create a Torque XML database schema, and create Java classes.

This works fine, except for foreign keys. I know MySQL doesn't have
them, but Torque can still emulate them, as far as I understand. But
SPD's SQL output for MySQL doesn't include primary keys.

So I want to export to SQL suitable for another database, change that
into XML, then use Torque to use MySQL with that table structure.

And now the problem: Torque sql2xml hangs if I use it with an SQL
schema for other databases. MySQL's SQL is fine, but with the schema
exported for another database it just hangs. Not very useful behavior
:-).

This is with Torque 3.0.1.

Does anyone have some advice?
Do I have to tell Torque which database the input sql file is for when
I use sql2xml?

Remco Gerlich