db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Remco Gerlich ...@pino.selwerd.nl>
Subject sql2xml, sybase power designer
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:20:46 GMT
Our application uses a MySQL database. We design the table structure
in Sybase Power Designer, export to SQL, use Torque's sql2xml task to
create a Torque XML database schema, and create Java classes.

This works fine, except for foreign keys. I know MySQL doesn't have
them, but Torque can still emulate them, as far as I understand. But
SPD's SQL output for MySQL doesn't include primary keys.

So I want to export to SQL suitable for another database, change that
into XML, then use Torque to use MySQL with that table structure.

And now the problem: Torque sql2xml hangs if I use it with an SQL
schema for other databases. MySQL's SQL is fine, but with the schema
exported for another database it just hangs. Not very useful behavior
:-).

This is with Torque 3.0.1.

Does anyone have some advice?
Do I have to tell Torque which database the input sql file is for when
I use sql2xml?

Remco Gerlich