db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ralf Baumert <ralf.baum...@phlat-labs.de>
Subject Still Problems with null connections
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:26:22 GMT
Hi List,

my Application still won't run properly. Since noone answered my last Mail,
here goes another one. I really appreciate every Hint !

Ok, here's my Problem again:
I have Torque 3.0 configured like this:

torque.dsfactory.mydb.pool.defaultMaxConnections=5
torque.dsfactory.mydb.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.mydb.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=5

MySQL is configured to kill idle Sessions after 30 secs.

Here's what happens:
When MySQL kills the Connection I get this Error:

org.apache.torque.TorqueException
Communication link failure: java.io.IOException

When I hit reload, Torque reconnects as wanted. Everything works fine.

Then I wait some Minutes and suddenly I get this Error:

org.apache.torque.TorqueException
Timed out waiting for pooled connection from 'null'

There's no Message in torque.log, and no Messege in catalina.out either, so I
fancy Torque must have lost its init Parameters. Here's what I do in my jsps:

if (! Torque.isInit()) { Torque t = new Torque();
t.init(getServletContext().getInitParameter("torque-path")); }
Connection con = Torque.getConnection();

This is serious. I spent a lot of time migrating my whole app to torque, and
really like to use it with my customers, but this Error freezes my whole
Website. After a Tomcat restart everything works fine for some time and then
everything gets messed up ("He's dead, Jim").

Please help me out with this one, I've been trying for 2 Days already :-(

regards,
Ralf